Monday, July 5, 2010

CIJ Day 5: In Honor of Marie Osmond....I'm a Little Bit Country....

Most people that know me, would think I'm probably the least likely person to suggest you watch or listen to anything COUNTRY. However, when it comes to Christmas, I have a few "odd" favorites.

One of those is the Garth Brooks Christmas CD's. I absolutely love them! Some songs more then others, but they are one of the first I pull out each year. Beyond the Season 


On this CD, I absolutely love "Go Tell It On The Mountain" and "Santa Looked Alot Like Daddy" and of course "Silent Night".





The next CD is Magic Christmas . On this CD my favorites are "It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year", "Baby Jesus is Born" and "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen".

Now on to movies. I'm not afraid to admit to anyone that I'm a Made for TV Christmas Movie Junkie. The DVR has made this addiction even worse. Back in the day, I'd have to pick and choose which appeared to be "better", but now with the DVR, if it's new..I TAPE IT! I don't always find time to watch them all, but if I don't get to them in December, they are officially held over for July. That's the excuse I give my husband at least when the DVR starts getting full. 

One of my favorites is Unlikely Angel with Dolly Parton. It's an oldie, but goodie from 1996. I tell people, it's super cheesy and I'm not really sure why I like it so much, but I do. The only thing that just popped into my head, is maybe it's because it's kind of a "musical". If you've not seen it, check it out. It's a fun one!
Unlikely Angel. 


Last Christmas I ran across an even older Dolly Parton Christmas movie from 1992. During Christmas I put it on and it didn't immediately catch my attention or keep my attention I should say. But this past weekend it was on the Hallmark channel and when in desperate need of a CIJ fix, us junkies will watch anything. I found, the further along it went, the more I enjoyed it. It's not as good as an Unlikely Angel, but it's worth a mention if your a Dolly Parton fan. Smoky Mountain Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment