Saturday, July 3, 2010

CIJ Journal Entry #3:

3. Christmas Carols- keep the traditional or please write some new ones? ---Music is such a strong memory trigger, talk about how the music of Christmas colors your celebration. Are there Christmas songs that make you tear up, that you dislike, that remind you of a specific time or person?

When I would visit Texas for Christmas my stepmom would always play the Time Life Christmas Music Collection. It had a variety of all the traditional. When I was out on my own, in my own home, it was one of the first gifts I asked for. I know own it on CD and it's a permanent staple in my music collection. My Christmas music collection varies greatly. As with any music, I love everything upbeat. Something that makes you smile and want to move. One of my newest CD's is Cool Yule by Bette Midler. It's now one of my all time favorites and the perfect music to listen to for CIJ. It has a few slow songs, but the upbeat songs are very big band. Today, after my little accident, I needed something to lift my spirits and it was perfect. If you've heard it yet, check it out. 



2 comments:

  1. Love your post on Christmas music. I have very strong opinions myself on Christmas music. I love the traditional music. I have the Time Life Christmas CD's and love them. My other favorite Christmas CD's are Harry Connick Jr's Christmas. I have all of them and love them. I will definitely be checking out Bette Midler's! Looking forward to following your blog for CIJ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fallingforwinter. I love Harry Connick Jr's Christmas music. It's fun like Bette's.

    ReplyDelete