Monday, July 12, 2010

CIJ Journaling: Days 9-12

9. Fruitcake- Yes, please! or not with a 10 ft. pole? Fruitcake is always on the grocery shelf at the holidays- are you one of the ones who buys it? Have you ever attempted to make it? If you always make it then include the recipe. I ate fruitcake at my grandparents when I was little, but never had a taste for it. I've never made one either. However, after reading one of my Christmas books last year, I've been tempted to try some of the different recipes in the book. It was based around a contest for the best fruitcake recipes and all were very different from the original concept.

10. If you could spend your Christmas in another country, what country would you choose and why? Ireland is always first on my list.

11. Do you like to entertain at Christmas? DO you have a yearly event for friends like an open house or holiday party? Or do you prefer to concentrate your celebrations with family? I do like to have get togethers, but I"m at a point where I want to be home on Christmas. In my own home, with my kid, no stress and dinner. We'll do Christmas eve at my place with my husbands extended family or we'll go to one of their houses, but Christmas is at HOME.

12. How would you describe your style of Christmas decorating- traditional, country, whimsical, country, north-woodsy, child-like? Has is always been this style or do you change every so often? Does this style echo your style of decorating your home in general?Other then my Disney collection, I'd say I'm traditional and retro at the same time. I love the look of traditional, english type ornaments, but I love the look of retro 50 and 60's decorations. I'm definitely not country or northwoodsy in my decorations. I don't have lots of toys or trains either.

2 comments: