Thursday, July 8, 2010

CIJ Journal Entry Day 8:

8. Do you give charitable donations at Christmas time? Do you give to the same organizations? Do you choose different ones each year? Do you give your time or your money? What does giving mean to you at the holidays?

I don't have a particular charity I donate to during the holidays, but I have helped out many families in the past. A few years ago, I collected items from friends to provide a family with their entire Christmas. I was a random family I did not know. I went looking for sources and suggestions. They were having a rough time and those around me, made it a great year for them. Those kids were very, very thankful! I like the personal touch of giving. 

 

3 comments:

  1. Love your blog entries! :)
    Luludou

    ReplyDelete
  2. I buy presents for the Angel Tree we do at work.

    Your blog is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lana, my friend works for Children's Hospital and their department adopts one family each year. They do fundraisers all year and at the end of the year they choose a family that's referred from the hospital and make it a great holiday! It's an awesome idea. When I adopted my family, my employees made contributions as well.

    ReplyDelete