Monday, July 19, 2010

CIJ Day 19: It's Craft Day! Pulling out my Link Archives

First I'd like to thank Ginger at Magical Holiday Home for posting me on the front page and exposing my CIJ blog to other Christmas lovers! Magical Holiday Home

She's been posting some great ideas all week and I absolutely thing she posted the last two, just for ME!  Today's link is something Ciara and I need to make for her Barbie tree. I think it would be the perfect addition to her collection, but finding the shoes wont be easy. I think garage sales will be the way to go. I've looked online in the past, when we wanted to make Barbie Shoe jewelry and they sell for a pretty penny on ebay. To bad I didn't keep the hundreds of shoes, she use to have!  Barbie Shoe Garland




On the 9th, Ginger posted a Christmas Star ornament, made from puzzle pieces. I've already decided I'm going to use the idea for my Activity Day girls for a project this coming Christmas. I think it is definitely something that will work well with a lesson.  Puzzle Piece Ornament
 



I love these snowballs as well. I've had this linked saved for some time. Bucket of Snow


These ornaments are something I'd like to make with Byron's help. He's the beader in the family, so I forwarded the link to him, in hopes he'll make ME some. But if not, then I'll enlist his help for next years homemade ornaments. I think the possibilities of different color combination's will be perfect to personalize them.  Thread Spool Ornaments 


I saved this link, because I know someday my dear, loving, beautiful daughter will embroider me a set of holiday napkins. She started embroidering years ago, after a church activity lesson. She's completed several small projects, but recently she finished a very large piece that she's been working on this past year. She started last summer on a camping trip and with her work load at school, she didn't have much time to work on it during the school year. Her intentions are to make it into a pillow and use it to mark one of her Personal Projects off for Young Women.  So, Ciara if your reading this, mommy would love a set of these very much someday. (Wink, Wink)  Homemade Holiday Napkins




Do you like giving gift cards? I do have people in my life who prefer them, but I always find putting them in an envelope way to boring. So I saved this great stocking idea, in hopes I'd actually do something this creative with my endless supplies of scrapbooking paper. It's pretty cute!  Stocking Gift Card Holder


Last, but not least are my Advent choices. I've been debating this year on which project to complete. I try not to finalize an idea until I've received my partner and get to know them a little better. But here are Advent Calendars I'd love to make.

Cookie Sheet Advent 


Okay, after searching and searching, I can't locate my second link. Can you say FRUSTRATED!! But while looking I ran across this web site that is absolutely amazing. I see things like this and only wonder "WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT??" It takes awhile to load, but she has all kinds of fun Christmas stuff made from "Junk".   A Junky Little Christmas 

No comments:

Post a Comment