Tuesday, July 20, 2010

CIJ Day 20: A Holiday Affair

Tonight wasn't the best night, I was feeling a bit Bag Hum Bug earlier, but I still have Christmas news to report and the festivities must go on!  First my journal entry:

20. Snow at Christmas- essential? a nice touch? a pipe dream but a dream nonetheless? Snow is good, but not to much snow. I like it the day before, a light dusting the day of, but we've had alot of delayed Christmas in colorado because of snow. Maybe 2 or 3 years ago, we finally were able to eat our Christmas dinner at 9pm. It took hours for everyone to get to our place, we opened packages "quickly" and then finally, finally we got to eat. I can't imagine what Christmas would be like without any snow in December. I know people all over the world celebrate Christmas without snow, but to me it is an essential! And of course, my favorite Christmas song of all times is White Christmas. 









I did manage to get a little Christmas fun in today. I watched a very old movie today called "A Holiday Affair". It's an old black and white movie from 1949 with Janet Leigh and Robert Mitchum. It amazed me how the plots of Christmas movies in the past are so similar to movies today. It was like watching a Hallmark movie in black and white. The best part for me is watching the innocence of the children back then. They are to dang cute!


IMDB Link for A Holiday Affair

2 comments:

  1. Michelle! This a fantastic blog! I am so glad to have found it now. Just the Christmas fix I need. Holiday Inn is one of my favorite movies. Thanks for all the work you put into this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like it cedargirl. My friends around me don't "get it", but that's okay. CIJ is something I look forward to and really is my official kick off time to start thinking about the holidays.

    You know, I've never seen Holiday Inn and in fact, just found out about it this past year. I never new the story behind the White Christmas do over. I've got it on my netflix list this month, so I will be watching it before month end!

    ReplyDelete