Wednesday, July 7, 2010

CIJ Journal Entry 6 and 7:

6. What smells remind you of Christmas or mean Christmas to you? 
Cinnamon is a definite Christmas scent trigger. Anything with spice. Apple, Cinnamon, Pumpkin. Since I haven't had a real tree in years, I can't say a Christmas tree, but it's an awesome smell when I do get to experience it on occasion. 

 



7. Are there dishes that you only make or eat at Christmas? What are they? Maybe include the recipe and history of the dish? Fruit Salad and Ambrosia are definitely made only at Christmas.

My Ambrosia salad is not measured. I just add the ingredients I like, till it looks good. These ingredients are usually included: 


Fruit cocktail
Mandarin Oranges-Canned

Apples
Bananas
Jar of Cherries-Optional
Small Marshmallows
Cool Whip-Extra Creamy is good
Coconut Flakes-Optional

 

No comments:

Post a Comment