Friday, July 2, 2010

What a Great Day!

Right after my post yesterday, the mailman walked in with a package. Usually it's a new book or something from ebay, but this wasn't something I was expecting. Low and behold, it was my yearly Irish Christmas ornament from the Bradford Exchange. Now how convenient and appropriate was that. To celebrate the first day of CIJ, I received this beautiful little cottage in the mail.



Then I go home to find another box from my swap partner Lana. She not only made me 2 ornaments, but a couple other items that were awesome. The first ornament is a snowman Popsicle ornament. Very, very cute!



The second ornament was this quilted piece that makes me shake my head. When it comes to material work and things pieces together like that, I can't even imagine doing it myself. Great work Lana!



Last, but not least I check my emails later in the evening and find out that Jim Brickman is having a 15th Anniversary Holiday Tour and is coming back to Denver. Now he's been here on and off the last few years, but not in Denver. Either up north or down south and not during December. My first Jim Brickman concert was a holiday tour that Tammy took me to. Now having Donny Osmond there made it even better, but overall it was so good and definitely the perfect thing to do, during the holidays. This concert will be on Friday, December 17th, so the timing couldn't be  more perfect! I've got it marked on my calendar and will be waiting for tickets to go on sale.If you love romantic piano music, this is your man. Here is a link to his tour dates, check and see if he's in your town 


No comments:

Post a Comment