Monday, July 5, 2010

CIJ Journaling for Day 4 and 5:

I guess I missed the question yesterday, I DID LOOK, so here you go. 2 for 1.


4. Gift bags?- reuse? or never use? --- Wrapping gifts is a ritual for some people and a last minute chore for others. The invention of gift bags changed the wrapping landscape for some. Some welcome the chance to be greener and re-use, some just think it is holiday sacrilege. Where do you fall in the great gift bag debate?:


I'm all about putting each and every gift in a box to wrap! Wrap, wrap, wrap! If it will not fit in a box, then it gets bagged. Being the paper junky that I am. Both Scrapbooking and Wrapping, I try not to duplicate paper as much as possible. At least for each individual. Each person, also gets a very large, homemade bow on at least 1 gift. Gifts would not be the same, without one of my homemade bows. I love wrapping gifts and I love the reaction of those enjoying the gifts.



5. Salvation Army bell ringers- admirable or irritating? Have you every been a bell ringer? or volunteered to be the "face" of a charity during the holidays collecting money or anything else? 
I wouldn't say I admire them or find them irritating. I know they serve a purpose and a good purpose at that. I do find that I give early on and as the month proceeds I give less and less. I've never been a bell ringer, but remember a book I read last year that talked about someone doing it and exactly how they were treated. It gave her a new perspective, so maybe I'll think about that this year to come. Maybe serve a random act of kindness to one of them or more then one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment