Friday, July 9, 2010

CIJ Day 9: Don't forget your local library for Christmas resources.

Today was spent shopping and doing research at the library with my daughter. I must say, it was very convenient that the fashion and presidential books we were looking at, just happened to be above a whole rack of Christmas books. This happened twice actually, but because my daughter needed such a huge quantity of books, I settled for 4. They'll be perfect reading material for my car trip tomorrow. For the most part, I'm taking a hall pass today on the blog, because I'm spending the night out with my hubby, celebrating our 6th Anniversary.
But don't forget about your local library. Ours is a huge resource for Christmas books, CD's and movies. Every time I'm there, I run across something different that I hadn't seen before.

2 comments:

  1. My husband and I have built up a huge library of Christmas music from our local library. Don't forget to check and see if they have a section of albums, too!

    I love giving the holiday books a trial run from the library before committing to buying them, too.

    Used bookstores are another great source of older holiday books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy, I buy the majority of my books for my collection used from amazon or ebay. It's a great way to save money. Thanks for the music idea. I know they are there, but I've not really thought about checking the music out.

    ReplyDelete